Sunday, January 20, 2019

Lost ATM card? No problem with Metrobank Cardless Withdrawal

Last year, 2018, I lost/misplaced (or somebody stole my wallet) my Metrobank and BPI visa debit cards. Well, actually my mother and I both know where the cards were placed and we were wondering how the wallet containing the cards would disappear just like that. I never really used the cards aside from doing ATM deposit and withdrawal transactions. I am still hoping to find my wallet that's why I don't want to go to the banks to request for replacement. Just this month, I ran out of cash but got no time to do over-the-counter transactions. Lucky me, I have downloaded the Metrobank mobile app which allows me to perform cardless withdrawals. I have a Metrobankdirect account so I can easily log in using the same username and password.

Below are the steps I followed to authorize cardless withdrawals using my phone.
1. On the homepage, choose if you want to activate now or later the OTP generator. (I'm not sure of the pros and cons of activating this so I just skip it everytime I use my app.)
2. Click the 3 bars on the upper left corner.
3. Click "cardless withdrawal."
4. Click "create new request."
5. Choose source account.
Metrobank cardless withdrawal 2
6. Enter amount to withdraw.
7. Enter desired 4-digit PIN1.
8. Click "next."
9. Review the information. Once details are deemed correct, click "submit." Otherwise, click the orange arrow to go back to the previous page.
10. Enter One-Time-Password sent by the system to your registered number for verification. Click "resend" if you didn't receive any message from Metrobank.
11. Click "submit."
12. Click "show values" then take note of the numbers provided on the screen. You may opt to do a screen-capture for convenience.
13. Click "ok" to finish the request.
Metrobank cardless withdrawal 2

You can view or cancel cardless withdrawal requests on your account too. Maximum withdrawal amount per request is 10,000.00 pesos. Just go to any Metrobank (free) or PSBank (with charge, 7.50 pesos as of this writing) ATM. Press/click enter then follow the instructions. You will be asked to input the amount and the 4-digit PIN1 and 6-digit PIN2. An SMS and/or an email similar to the ones below will be sent to you to confirm successful transaction. Same goes for expired requests. Requests are valid only for 30 minutes.
Metrobank cardless withdrawal 3
Metrobank cardless withdrawal 4

  • Make sure not to share with anyone your cardless withdrawal request details to avoid unauthorized transactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment