Monday, February 19, 2018

How to get Bank Certificate from Landbank of the Philippines for South Korea Visa Application

After almost a year, I needed to request a bank certificate from Landbank of the Philippines (LBP) again. I was surprised that it costs 200php now. I got one last year (2017) for only 100php. It is still very easy to get one though from your mother branch, i.e., where you opened the account. Last February 15 in the afternoon, I went to LBP UP Diliman. There were a bunch of people inside doing over-the-counter withdrawals because the ATMs around were offline. Luckily, I was the only one requesting for a bank certificate that time. The security guard gave me the forms. I submitted the accomplished forms which contained details such as my name, account number and purpose of request (South Korea visa application). The security guard also asked for my ID for verification purposes. Then after I paid 200php, I got a claim stub. One banking day is allotted so I got mine just today, February 19. February 16 turned out to be a holiday because of Chinese New Year. This is my bank certificate with wiped out details for confidentiality. Chos.




9 comments:

  1. The Landbank EMV Card will replace the magnetic stripe landbank visa debit
    cards and landbank regular ATM cards which will be deactivated on July 31,2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it possible to get a bank certificate from a branch that's not your mother branch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For other bank accounts like BPI, any branch will do. For Landbank, I'm not sure if they have changed their policy this year. Best to call them at (+632) 405-7000.

      Delete
  3. Does cut-off date of the account matters? Was the indicated information in bank certificate real-time or it depends on the cut-off date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean cut-off date? In my case, the bank certificate is dated June 15, 2018, which is the same as the date of my application/request.

      Delete
  4. Did you also get a bank statement for the last 3 months? I'm also applying for a korean visa kasi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not for South Korea but for Japan this time. Same process and fee.

      Delete
  5. Pwede ba makakuha ng bank certification even if yung account is pvao-pension type? My lolo will apply for koren visa for his KOREA REVISIT TOUR...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about this but the one issued by LBP is a Bank Certification of Deposit Balance. Take note of the word 'deposit.' Would appreciate receiving any update or information on this from you upon asking directly to the bank. Thanks!

      Delete