Wednesday, July 18, 2018

How to be an Online Active Volunteer or Supporting Member of the Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS)

I am not wealthy but my heart is full of love for the animals. Naks! I have always been an active PAWS volunteer since February 2016. That time, as a full time master's student, I still have lots of time and energy to spend in the shelter. I was even able to assist during the Pet Cafe 2016 event in TriNoma featuring the animals from PAWS. I was present mostly on the days for the cats.  #PAWSheen 😸 When I entered the critical phase during my MS life in which I was doing my thesis, I decided to focused on my studies. Since I really wanted to support PAWS and their advocacy, I just opted to support them financially. As everyone should know, PAWS is a non-governmental organization (NGO). As an active and legitimate institution for animal welfare, they have an office, clinic and shelter. They also have to maintain the shelter, pay water, phone, internet and electric bills, buy supplies and compensate their regular staff, among others. Being an NGO, no government fund/budget is allotted for them. They receive financial support mainly from donors and sponsors, and from adoption fees and payments of the clients availing clinical services. The active volunteers and the supporting members really keep the organization alive. I have read somewhere on their page or group that supporting members are also considered as active volunteers. So for those people who want to help PAWS even if they are busy, being a supporting member suits them, us, for that matter. It is actually very straight forward to become one.

REQUIREMENTS:
1. Good heart
2. PayPal account linked with active debit/credit card


STEPS:
1. Visit PAWS website.
2. Click "PayPal Donate" icon.




3. Decide how you would like PAWS to spend your contribution, the amount and frequency of auto-donation. Click the corresponding frequency button.



4. Click subscribe to enter your card details and create a PayPal account. If you already have a PayPal account linked with active card/s, just checkout via PayPal.




5. Enter card details, create PayPal account (if you do not have one) and login to subscribe to the auto-donation.

To check if you're doing fine on donating, check your PayPal and card activities/transactions. On your PayPal account, it should be something like this:



You can change the type of donation anytime by unsubscribing from or removing the existing preapproved payment and repeat all the steps. When the donation/payment transaction failed, you will receive an email. The payment will be postponed and reprocessed until such time that you managed to address the cause of payment failure. Check the inbox of the email address you used in creating your PayPal account.

There you go. Thank you for being so supportive to PAWS! 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment